Monday, July 21, 2008

Cash Games

So I have decided to give SNGs a break. They are really frustrating me at the moment. In SNGS you risk your whole equity on A8 off and get called by Q3 because its the right thing to do. Those types of things don't happen in cash games. I would never push all in preflop with A8, why? Its just not profitable. Cash is about building pots and winning them, tourneys you have to gamble at some point because you getting blinded out. So with that I am moving back to cash for a while.

My bread and butter has been the cash game I ran $25 up to $4000 before I can do it again. I plan to play cash the rest of the month and probably next month mix in cash and tourneys we will just have to see. I also plan on playing my points for tourney entries and hope to hit a big score in one of those.

I will start playing by the 20 buyin bankroll rule which at this moment means I play .05/.10 NL because my bankroll is split between two sites. I will import all my stats into Poker Tracker and provide the details in my blog.

Two sessions so far and up $27. I have had a few interesting hands. I had QQ and the flop came J9Q rainbow. The preflop raiser bets out I reraised he just called. I figured he didn't have KT most likely a KX holding as he would have shoved after my reraise. The turn a Td which put a two flush out. He bet out $2 and I decided to call because I had a 20% chance for a redraw and figured if I hit I would stack him. The river blanked a diamond and he check and I checked and he showed AK. Personally I would have bet the river, my reraise on the flop doesn't suggest diamonds but most likely a QX. If he comes over the top then I have a decsion.

The other hand I had my top set of 8s out run by runner runner straight. I bet it the whole way and he chased with nothing and hit the gutshot on the river. Oh well, I love these guys in cash games.

No comments: