Monday, March 8, 2010

20k Hands, Houston we have a problem.

This last week I passed 20k hands at 25NL, to be more specific 21,455 hands. I am such an addict. Not really, but pretty close. I am running 3.31BB/100 which is pretty good. I would like this to be above 4 but the nose dive I took last month hurt that.

I made $118 this week in about 5300 hands which is my weekly goal. I am working on plugging some leaks and when I do that and play about 50k hands I will think about moving to 50NL.

Two major leaks I have found are: Completing the SB to frequently. There are a couple of scenarios with this. For example everyone folds to me, I was generally completing and would fold to a raise or I would play a bad hand out of position. I am now either folding or raising but never limping, unless of course I have something huge and I know the BB is a bully, I will go for the check raise.

The other leak is calling off when I have TPTK against a fairly tight player. For example I raise with AK and get a call from the blinds. The flop is A63 rainbow and the SB leads out. I don't mind floating this or even raising but if he continues to bet the turn and the river each with bigger bets I need to realize I was out flopped and fold. In this case the guy has A6 and yes I paid him.

Current bank roll $676, I hope to run that to $800 this week and play 5000 hands.

End of the month projections $1000 in the bank roll. 35,000 total hands played at 25NL. I will be looking to move up sometime in April with a bankroll of $1100 - $1200.

No comments: