Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Challenge Cash Games Baby Cash Games

Current Bankroll $554 on stars. The plan to play 8k hands a week with a 4-6 buy in profit each week at 25NL.

I have played 16k hands at 25NL with a profit of 2.45BB/100. I went on a bad run at the end of the last month and dropped 8 buy ins over 4 days in about 4k hands. I could have prevented 4 of that with my stop loss that I ignored. Yeah lesson learned on that one. So I figured I would start blogging again so it will force me to review hands and get better, it has always worked in the past.

First night back down $20 over 1000 hands. I really didn't get to many hands or get into situations where I could stack someone. I have decided to open my range in position vs a EP raiser with Suited Connectors. My rational is I do this with pocket pairs looking to hit a set, I might as well do this with Suited Connectors and if I flop a combo draw play for my whole stack.

So last night I decided to put my plan in action and call a preflop raise vs a huge stack and a very loose player, cocky player with Ts9s, he was playing 60% of his hands. The flop came 2s8cJs so I flopped a flush and straight draw. I put him on AJish type hand . We end up getting it all in on the flop and he turns over As6s the turn is a 8 of spade giving me one out the Qs to win. I of course miss and that was my night in a nutshell.

So this week will be an uphill battle. I need to win 5 buy ins to meet my goals now.

No comments: