Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank God its over.

I pretty much bit the big one this week. I lost 4 buy ins out of the 5 I won the week before. I really am playing badly.

I dabbled a bit in 10NL short handed and lost $35 in a little over 1300 hands. Some of this was variance for sure. I took 3 bad beats but that's life.

I then proceeded to lose the rest playing my regular game. I review some of my hands and looked at every hand I lost $5.00 or more and I played them badly. Those hands coupled with some coolers it what costs me.

Since I already made Silver Star this month and will not make gold I have decided to lower my volume and only play 4 tables. I plan to concentrate on reads, playing in position and fixing some leaks.

One leak is playing low pocket pairs out of position in a raised pot. The only way I can win this hand is hit my set. If I simply fold these hands I would save alot of money. I should only play these hands in position as I have a chance to steal the pot if the raiser checks the flop or I can float and bluff a good turn.

Same with big Aces. I plan to play them timid early and more aggressive later. Position, Position, Position!!!!! I have it in my head now.

Here is some numbers for you. I have played 25,000 hands of 25NL. In the last 21,000 I have won $80 playing 8 tables. In the first 4000 hands I played 4 tables and won $130. Yeah, playing more tables is not winning poker for me. I will move back down to 4 for the rest of the month. So if I extrapolate playing 8 tables has cost me $450 in profit.

Live and learn.

Current bankroll $590.

No comments: