Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cash Games are so unkind

Well I grinded out 1300 hands last night, yes a pretty long session. At the end I was down $4. I had KK vs 85 lose to trip 5s I got my money in bad here. I did raise huge preflop. I also had QQ busted by 64 when the board flopped a 6 we got it all in and he turned a 4.

I managed some comebacks by pushing AA preflop and getting called by JJ and 99 on two different hands. I am still not sure if I am doing well or not in ring games yet. I am about 4BB/100 which is no where near where I think I should be, I just cant beat luck.

I had tons of AK, AQ last night and I missed them all, I raised 3BB in each of those hands or called a raise. No one folds at this level preflop and I missed every one. I think I should just flat call with these hands and decided after the flop. I am going to try that this time.

7100 ish cash game hands this month. Way to many as my edge in these ring games is not as great as SNGs or MTTs but I want to get better at ring games.

Current Bankroll is $355. I play to move to $5.50 sngs in April. I think what I shall do is play SNGS and MTTS first and then dabble once or twice a week in cash depending on where I am at profit wise.

Goal for April 80ish SNGs a week. Monthly goal $200.

No comments: