Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My First Losing Session!

It was just a matter of time before it was going to happen. I fired up 8 sngs on PS and cashed in only 3. One 1st and two 3rds. Tonight's haul -$2.80, not even one buy in so I can live with that.

One interesting hand tonight. I had 33 limped and flopped the 3rd nuts, 399. I bet out and get one caller. I put him on a 9, Turn was a King, I bet out and he called. The river was a deuce. I bet out again he reraised the minimum. Turns out he had K9. I went on to cash 3rd in this one and was busted out by the same guy with flush vs flush, Only one card in the deck beat me and of course he had it.

I finished with two 4th tonight as well, I think I really played bad in both of those. I over played a flush and straight draw in one and he called me down with top pair and weak kicker. I got it all in a few hands later with the guy when I pushed JJ and he called with AK and hit. My over play cost me some valuable chips and I would have still been alive, but crippled.

The other hand I over played was Blind vs Blind the CL limped in with 22 the board came 459 two diamonds, I had Td3d, he check and I bet out he flat called. the run was a6 which gave me straight draw and flush draw, I bet out again, he flat called. I bricked the river and he check. I figured the only way to win is to bet, so I made a half pot bet and he instant called. I am not sure I could have made that call or even played it that way, but it hurt. I went out a few hands later when I pushed 6c5c and ran into A6.

Some interesting points. I have not had a 2nd place finish on PS, just firsts and thirds. I am not sure what to think. My ROI, slipped down below 20%. I am still positive on PS so that's a plus. Tomorrow I need to play 16 to get in 32 I need to go back to FT.

I was also thinking would it be worth it to play both sites at the same time instead of alternating nights? What do you think? No one reads this so I don't expect any answers, but its worth a shot.

No comments: