Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Skunked !!

Skunked, well not really but if definitely feels like it. I have played 3 sets since the weekend and only made a profit of $1.80, not even one buyin for this level. This week has really opened my eyes to how bad these people really are. They push all in preflop with AA and ATo calls. In my opinion both plays are bad, but calling a preflop all in with AT is absurd.

Set 1: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, no profit. Nothing really interesting in this one, my 3rd place finish was KT Vs QT and he hit.

Set 2: two 1sts, two 2nds profit $10.80. Here is an interesting hand. We were heads up I had a small chip lead and in the BB with 67, SB completes and we see a flop. I miss the flop and check, he checks behind. Turn is a 6 I check, he checks behind. The river 7, I bet out figuring I just rivered him, he reraises and I push he calls and shows AA, I win and take 1st. Bad play on his part, but its like they say, win a small pot with AA or lose a big one with AA.

Another hand I flopped two pair, his two pair was bigger. I am not getting away from flopping two pair heads up.

Set 3: one 2nd and one 3rd -$9.00. The wildest set I have played, guys open pushing and multiple guys calling. Everyone was calling preflop raises with trash and then pushing allin or calling allin on the flop. It must have been payday or something.

One hand I had AA raised big preflop and got 4 callers, The luck box pushed in on the flop so I just folded the other two called, he had KT for top pair and it held up. If I make that call I probably win that sng but I end up going out 4th when the same guy raised and I shoved QQ and he held KK.

I took some bad beats tonight, but nothing more than usual. I just didn't have any chance to take down some big pots. In most of my sngs I was under 1k in chips when the blinds were 60/120, not too good. I called it a night instead of playing another set.

Last 7 day total $7.20. I think I am going to take a night off and see if I can get back into it. I would really like to move to the $5.50 sngs by Feb, current bank roll is $157. I need this at $200 to try a shot.

My roll on PS is sitting at $500 -- Maybe I should just play over there for a few days.

Stats through 80 sngs:
ROI: 14% -- To low IMO
ITM: 43.8% -- Good Here

I have 19 4th place finishes I really need to work on getting a few more of these into cashes.

That's all I have for now.

No comments: